Monday, April 2, 2012

Customizing Google Sites to Individual Users

Ever since Google Groups discontinued support for pages and files I've been running my classes on Google Sites, at least for hosting content.

The sign in link for individual users in Google sites is very carefully hidden at the bottom of the screen making it seem like the emphasis is on content hosting for all rather than on customizing content for individual users, but that is exactly what I'd like to do in order to, for example, show students in my classes which assignments they've completed etc.

It seems like there should be some way to do this, but my searches so far have proved inconclusive, as I keep searching and not quite coming up with anything concrete.  It seems like Google App Scripts should help, but I'll have to look again once the semester has finished:

https://developers.google.com/apps-script/articles

No comments: