Thursday, August 26, 2010

Another SmartFM Android Study Dictionary Beta, all media upload now supported

So I've managed to get all the media upload functionality working against the new API, I think ... If anyone is interested in helping me test the new beta it is available here:

http://www.neurogrid.net/public_html/smart_fm.apk


There are still some performance issues, but I think I have an angle of attack on those (AsyncTasks and some caching structure), so if I'm lucky I can put those in place before the August 31st deadline. Final beta before then I hope ...

One interesting note is that SmartFM now has some pretty impressive automated text-to-speech for Japanese Sentences. Words and sentences now have audio added automatically and at least to my untrained ears it sounds pretty good. Makes all the effort to support sound upload on the Android a little redundant ...

No comments: